Oversized escape wheel in focus
Imbued with decades of consummate horological experience we have given free rein to our constant urge for unusual innovation - and this is the hallmark of the table clock NT 6 “La brillante”.
The escape wheel is a radiant manifestation in this creation. Extra-large and mounted centrally in the skeletonized main plates, it dominates the entire clockwork. It engages perfectly with the half second anchor escapement to divide the feather-light gearing into small, precisely measured portions. And since clockwork never consists only of one wheel, all further wheels of the “La brillante” are mounted in a floating rhodium plated bridge between the main plates. The fourteen-day running movement is finished by hand with meticulous attention to detail and is gilded with pure yellow gold or rhodium finished to order.
The intensive ruby-red of the jewel bearings bestows a colored accent and is at the same time the classic indication for durability. Aesthetic, flame-blued pear shaped hands glide over a fine matte black chapter ring with Roman numerals. The “La brillante” sits on two columns, standing majestically on a stable, silver-anodized aluminum foundation. A beautifully conceived glass canopy with five facetted panes protects this exquisite timekeeper from dust in the air. The NT 6 “La brillante” is truly a clock which inspires and reveals new ideas in a classically beautiful form.
Retrograde seconds indication as additional complication
An additional complication is available for the collection of table clocks. With the models NT 6 “La gracieuse” and NT 6 ”La brillante” a retrograde seconds indication can be ordered. Every minute, a gilded hand describes an angle of 90° before making a return jump to begin the next 60 seconds. The hand sits on a small column between the two main columns on which the movement is mounted. The black segment with its glossy white printing blends perfectly with the main dial of the clock.
- Matthias Naeschke caliber 6
- Power reserve 14 days
- Spring drive
- Skeletonized main plates of 4 mm brass and 3 solid pillars
- All brass parts are (except the gilded wheels) mirror polished and rhodium plated
- Pinions and arbors hardened and polished
- Dead-beat “Naeschke” escapement with round ruby pallets
- Compensation pendulum beating 120 per minute
- 9 ruby bearings
- Black chapter ring printed with roman numerals
- Spade hands made of polished and flame-blued steel
- Optionally available is a rhodium plated chapter ring
- Optionally available is a retrograde seconds indication for models with black chapter ring
- Base of the case made of black anodized aluminium
- Glass canopy with struts made of mirror polished brass and a front door is fitted
- Clockwork attachment on two solid metal columns
- Four adjustment screws for leveling the case
- 5 bevelled glasses
- Optionally available are different types of granite or wood for the base
- Height x width x depht: 45 x 32 x 25 cms
We offer different possibilities for individualization. The movements can be refined in yellow gold, rhodium or rose gold. The wooden cases can be adapted to existing interior fittings.